Suppose you’re a non-US resident looking to use Stripe Account as your online payment gateway; this is a guide on creating a stripe account as a non-US resident without setting foot in the US.
If you reside outside the US, getting a stripe account is a bit hard, especially if you run your online business in a third-world country.
In that case, you may face some challenges due to Stripe location restrictions, mobile phone number restrictions, and other factors that affect those who reside in countries Stripe is not supported.
But don’t worry because we’re here to guide you through the process step by Step and help you overcome these obstacles as a non-US resident ecommerce owner.
Requirements for a Stripe Account as a Non-US Resident
Before we begin, let’s take a look at the requirements you’ll need to meet to create a Stripe account as a non-US resident:
- A legal business name and a valid business tax ID number, I recommend going with a UK Limited company formation; there is 10% off for my readers when you choose the Prestige Package. If you don’t have a business name, you can play around with the Shopify business name generator with name creativity in any niche.
- A bank account in a supported country, or a virtual bank account in a supported country, in this guide, we focus solely on Wise Bank Account.
- A verified physical address in a supported country, or a virtual address in a supported country, either a UK address or US; in this case, UK Office Address does the magic. You can get your UK address set up within minutes; click here.
- A mobile phone number with a valid international dialing code, you can get a UK Phone number or a US phone number online.
- A valid email address
- A passport or government-issued ID
- Information about the products or services you plan to sell through Stripe
To use Stripe as a non-US resident, you’ll need a bank account in a supported country. You can use WISE to get a virtual US bank account if you don’t have one.
At a discounted price of £62.99 plus VAT, exclusively for Top Marketing Funnel, the Prestige Package offers fabulous value and huge savings on our products and services if you purchase them individually.
Step 1: Opening a Wise Account
To open a Wise account, you will need the following information and documents:
- Personal Information: This includes your full name, address, date of birth, and government-issued ID (such as a passport or national ID card).
- Contact Information: This includes your email address and mobile phone number.
- Bank Information: You will need your bank’s name, address, account number, and sort code (or equivalent information for your country).
Once you have gathered all of the required information, you can begin the process of opening a Wise account:
Here’s how to do it:
- Sign up for a Wise account. Click here to access the sign-up form.
- Verify your identity by providing your passport or government-issued ID.
- Set up a Virtual US bank account by providing your business information.
- Fund your virtual US bank account using a bank transfer or credit/debit card ranges from $19-25.
Step 2: Connect Your Wise Bank Account to Stripe
After you’ve funded your account, it may take 2-3 working days to be approved for a Virtual US bank account.
There are over 70 currencies to choose from, and each currency activated needs an account top, just like the Virtual US bank account.
Now that you have a virtual US bank account with Wise, you can connect it to your Stripe account.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Stripe account, or sign up for a new account if you haven’t already.
- Go to the “Connect” section of your Stripe dashboard.
- Click on “Bank accounts” and then click on “Add a new bank account.”
- Enter your Virtual US bank account information from Wise, including the routing, address provided, and account numbers.
- Verify your bank account by following the steps provided by Stripe.
Step 3: Get a Virtual Address with 1st Formations
To use Stripe as a non-US resident, you’ll also need a verified physical address in a supported country. If you don’t have one, I highly recommend 1st Formations get a virtual address with a supported country like the UK.
Here’s how to do it:
- Sign up for a 1st Formations virtual address service at 1stformations
- Choose the Virtual address package that best suits your needs.
- Provide the information required to set up your virtual address, including your business name and tax ID number.
- Verify your virtual address by following the steps provided by 1st Formations.
Step 4: Connect Your Virtual Address to Stripe
Now that you have a virtual address with 1st Formations, you can connect it to your Stripe account.
Here’s how to do it:
- Log in to your Stripe account.
- Go to the “Settings” section of your Stripe dashboard.
- Click on “Business information” and then click on.
Step 5: The Best VPN for Stripe – NORD VPN
Since Stripe may sometimes ban IP addresses from countries it does not support, it’s essential to hide your IP address when using Stripe.
The best way to do this is using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), such as NORD VPN.
NORD VPN is a leading VPN service that helps hide your IP address and encrypt your online activity.
This is important for running an e-commerce business and ads on TikTok, as TikTok restricts some countries from creating business managers or running ads.
With NORD VPN, you can target US customers by hiding your IP address, even if your country is not among the ones on which TikTok allows you to run ads.
Here’s how NORD VPN works:
- Sign up for a NORD VPN account. Click HERE.
- Download and install the NORD VPN app on your device.
- Connect to a US server or any other server in a supported country.
- Use Stripe as usual, and enjoy the added security and privacy provided by NORD VPN.
TikTok allows business owners to create ad managers or to run ads in the following countries: Australia, Canada, Germany, India, Indonesia, Japan, Philippines, South Korea, Thailand, the United Kingdom, United States.
In summary, creating a Stripe account as a non-US resident can be challenging, but with the help of Wise, 1st Formations, and NORD VPN, you can overcome these obstacles and start accepting payments through Stripe.
And not only will you be able to run your e-commerce business quickly, but you’ll also have the added security and privacy provided by these tools.
- Alibaba Dropshipping App: Is It Good For Shopify (2023)
- Is Dropshipping Good For Beginners? (Truth-2023)
- The Guide To Dropshipping On Shopify As A Pro (2023)
- The Best Dropshipping Companies With Reliable Suppliers 2023
- Is Dropshipping Free: The Money It cost To Start in 2023
Q: Is Stripe available in my country?
A: You can check the list of supported countries on the Stripe website. If your country is restricted, you may still be able to use Stripe by getting a virtual bank account and virtual address in a supported country and hiding your IP address with a VPN.
Q: Can I use Wise in my country?
A: Wise is available in many countries but may not be available in your specific country. You can check the list of supported countries on the Wise website.
Q: Can I use 1st Formations in my country?
A: 1st Formations is based in the UK but offers virtual addresses to businesses worldwide. However, it may be available in a different country. You can check the list of supported countries on the 1st Formations website.
Q: Can I use NORD VPN in my country?
A: NORD VPN is available in many countries but may be available in something other than your country. You can check the list of supported countries on the NORD VPN website.
Kindly share it with your friends. Especially the ones you believe need this information. Sign Up Now and Get your first 3 months for only $1 monthly.
Sharing this information with others can make a huge difference. You may ask why.
Well, the truth is, my main aim is to provide the best information about drop shipping for both beginners and experienced dropshippers.
And I plan to continue doing so for as long as I can.
I would also like to thank those who support my work by reading and sharing my content.
Trust me, when you take your time and share, it will greatly help me and others needing this information.
Here are some great suggestions:
- Pin it
- Share it on another blog.
- Share on Facebook (Share it with friends and even on Facebook groups)
- Tweet it
- Stumble it
This will only take a few seconds of your time, and I would appreciate it.
I appreciate you a lot. Thank you!
Join my Shopify dropshipping group mastermind and follow my blog to learn more about Shopify tips, dropshipping guides, tricks and checklists, and e-commerce in general.
If you enjoyed and learned something from this post, you can get me updates for free!
I send out email newsletters about new posts published on the blog, tips and tricks to help you grow your dropshipping business, new YouTube videos to give you more insights about the e-commerce market, and much more.
If you enjoyed reading this, you could as well join my Facebook group. Thank you for reading how to make money dropshipping online from the comfort of your home.
Click here to Join My Dropshipping Community in Telegram